View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #1105
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibob33 View Post
Hi knc1,
Sorry for my english, i'll try to be clear.

The original problem was : it freezed since august.
The more we used it, fastest it freezed.
At the last usage, i reboot it, read a bit and it freezed.
So, i wanted a "very hard reset".

Brand of PC, HP

"I didn't do all."
I only tried Kubrik and followed the steps of the screen.
About options, there'snt a lot to say : in the beginning, i choose "kindle touch" and then uncheck "install device jailbreak", check the 3 others ("wipe internal storage", "reformat external storage", "reinstall TTS files").
Every steps are green. I see the selection between "shutdown kubrik" and "redo with other kindle".
(Before I had some steps in red, the battery was low)

If I check "install device jailbreak", the next step announces "failed" immediatly.
That all sounds like a very low battery.

Since the internal battery charger is partly controlled by the firmware, and the firmware isn't working correct -
You can't trust the charge light.

Put it on a known good wall charger with a known good USB cord.
Leave on for at least 24 hours because the charge rate in this condition is very slow.

Then try again, use Kubrick to only replace the main image.
Do not select the other options.
That will keep the battery drain to a minimum.

- - - -

You may need a new battery.
But try the above first and let us know what happens.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote