View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #1096
Pinchfire
Pinchfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm happy to report that my mission (so far at least) was a success. I burnt the .bin file using PowerISO to an empty DVD and let my PC boot from it. Best option is to connect your Kindle to the PC before that and try to bring it to USB Drive mode, so you don't have problems with the process after that (as I did). In the beginning the Kubrick recognized the Kindle even though the screen wasn't in USB mode (use the combo slider for 30 sec + vol- / it really works!) and the first 1-2 steps I just hit "Next" without any thought. The problem is though when "flashing the main module" started my device still wasn't in USB mode, so the process was "running", but nothing was happening - everything stayed on 0%. After waiting for an hour I decided it's not normal so I quit the installer (Ctrl+Alt+Del does that) and did everything again. This time though I managed to bring my Kindle into USB drive mode and the process finished successfully after 3 hours. (USB maybe takes less time, no idea) At the moment my Kindle is functioning properly. I don't know whether I shall upgrade the firmware to 3.4.2 as it's the latest. But even if I don't I'm perfectly OK with the situation as it is. Thanks for the great article, forum and quality community! Appreciate all the people whose work went into this project! Cheers to you, fellas!

Last edited by Pinchfire; 07-26-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Pinchfire is offline   Reply With Quote