View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 09:34 AM   #101
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
OK, reporting back, battery life DID improve after turning off the Sony app's wake-up triggers.

Original test: 5 hours, only checking GSAM every hour, resulted in 92% remaining battery.
Non-controlled use: 6 hours, normal use of both screens, resulted in 93% remaining battery.

Other interesting results from my GSAM output right now: the following apps don't use much battery. Note that the following percentages and those omitted add up to 100%, i.e., they represent percentage of all used battery:
- Wakelock Detector Lite: 0.3%
- ES File Explorer: 1.0% (thought this newly bloated app would be using more)
- GSAM Battery Monitor: 1.1% (and that's with opening it several times).

The big battery consumers (~70%) for me right now are:
Screen: 37%
Android System: 17.8%
Kernel (Android OS): 11.8%
Google Services: 3.9%

I'm quite please with the better battery life. Thanks for the posts that pushed me to investigate further.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote