View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 11:58 PM   #71
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I've always been more attuned to short stories, but I have been thinking about it.

If nothing else, it might kick a few ideas loose.
Okay, it's about 15 minutes until November and I've decided that I'm not going to be a registered participant in NaNoWriMo, but I am going to be a "shadow" participant.

I don't believe there's any chance that I can come up with a 50,000 word novel in a month. My longest story so far comes in under 8000 words, and it took me two years from first concept to finished product. To be honest, I wasn't dedicating all of my efforts to this single work -- I never do -- but that's still a lot of time for developing a concept, organizing my thoughts, writing, rewriting, etc.

For November I plan to pursue a single idea and develop a single story. It won't be 50,000 words, and will almost certainly be a rough draft in need of significant polishing, but I will try to have a longer story written by the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post

Every year I pass on Nano because Life. Too busy, not enough time, small kids need me. List goes on and on.

Yes. As it turns out, this November will probably be the busiest month of the year so far for me. Family matters have suddenly become much more complicated and the (US) Thanksgiving weekend will eat up a large chunk of time. This was another reason I decided against formally participating.

But, I have an idea that I think deserves (and can sustain) a longer short story. I'll see what happens if I concentrate on it for a month.

And, good luck, crich70!!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote