View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #28
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert22 View Post
Hi Kolenka,

After doing a little investigation the table "Books" in the Books DB has a field called "thumbnail" which contains an explicit path and file name to the thumbnail file. The path is composed/constructed with the _id field though. HTH
That's what I already figured out. It isn't just enough to know the literal use of the DB, but Sony's own use in order to make things smoother. Ignore that, and you can run afoul of conflicts and other ugliness that leads to bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert22 View Post
I also have a question for you. I download kovidgoyal's calibre version that supports the T1 and am able to load files onto my reader using it. Switching over to the "Device" view I see the newly added books. However when I disconnect from my PC then reconnect, the "Device" view is empty, although I can still add new books. Am I missing something to make this work correctly?

Thanks a lot!
The T1 driver that Kovid put together is a basic generic driver. It has nothing in it. So it doesn't have any capability of reading what is on the device, just sending things to it. The driver needs to be written to support that as far as I understand it. As I have said in previous posts, I'm still learning how Calibre is put together.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote