Thread: Hacks Adding Backlight
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 02:15 AM   #23
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The DX was a disaster. Just like the original iPad was a disaster.

Both companies made these devices with sub-par hardware.
I used the DX for years without problems other than damaging a display by dropping a stainless steel coffee travel mug on one. I still like the large format display and note that a clean example goes for about $180 to $240 on ebay so I am not the only enthusiast. I also just got a Boox N96ML with the same size screen as the DX, but illuminated. Very briefly available on Amazon with a 15% discount from list price so it was about $280 plus the case.

Last edited by Richwood; 01-15-2018 at 02:30 AM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote