View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
Font Embedding. The only thing that'll do that off-the-shelf now is Indesign, and well, that's the only thing it does "well".
Font embedding (or at least basic embedding) seems to be quite simple. I guess WISIWYG support is a different thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
My current working idea is this: the editor exports two types of epub files. Both are standards compliant. One follows the standard and nothing else. No size limits, no special margins etc. Pure epub, without any consideration for the reading application or the platform. Let's call this "Standards Epub".

Then there's the second output option. This epub type is also fully compliant, but has the size limitations, special margins and other necessities for an enjoyable read on something like the Sony Reader. Let's call this "Mobile Epub".
I would have different configurable parameters, like maximum file size, maximum nesting level, whether or not to support some optional features... and have the software issue a warning if these limits are exceeded. It shouldn't be so hard to have a "Warn if text files are larger that ____KB" setting.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote