View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #21
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
But cell-phones aren't shining any different kind of light in users' eyes than PCs. The notion that we have decades yet to "wait and see" doesn't hold water in my opinion. There have already been millions of sets of eyes staring at the same kind of light put out by cellphones (for hours on-end per-day) for decades. We don't need data provided by eyes that have had decades-worth of cell-phone screen-time exposure. There's nothing new there. There's more than enough data to know right now. And in my opinion, the silence on actual scientific evidence supporting "damage" is quite deafening.
You would think that there would be studies/historical data?

I looked at this page:

From 2000 to 2010, low vision increased from 2,359 to 2908, 23%.

The US population increased from 282 to 309, 10% (this is from a different page).

So the discrepancy is attributed to other things like obesity, diabetes, ...?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote