View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 03:34 AM   #8
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawadLeLogeur View Post
how bad might the lower resolution be for PDFs
Anyway, the loss of quality is objective but the evaluation in view of compromise is subjective, so here you can find a PDF which if printed as-is (do not scale, do not interpolate), could give an idea: it contains a PDF page rendered within the 1200x825px and embedded in a 203x139mm frame.
Thing is, I could not find a page that is adequate for generalization - many font sizes etc. The text as rendered is already too big and enlarged over 120% of intended printout, so this sample I picked cannot give an idea of small fonts.

EDIT: to the standard O'Reilly format, I also added an article. Already this may (may) be indicative of the effect. The real challenge may come, for some, for those books that come in tiny.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sample_1200x825px_203x139mm_1_oreilly.pdf (134.9 KB, 160 views)
File Type: pdf sample_1200x825px_203x139mm_2_article.pdf (96.5 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by mdp; 07-17-2018 at 03:58 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote