Thread: Format of books
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tufrostie View Post
Downloaded samples from Mobipocket they wroked great, but when I downloaded the book I got some funky text, all the books say they downloaded correctly but I cannot read none of them, they all say it is english. Why would a sample work and not the book?
It is typical for samples to be DRM-free, even if the full ebook has DRM (encryption). If you bought from mobipocket.com, all their ebooks that you pay for have DRM. They may give you a refund, or you can strip the DRM using mobidedrm (many threads here). Note that doing this on ebooks you bought and only for your own personal use is probably legal in the US (no one can say for sure though, because no court has decided the issue and as a practical matter why would anyone sue over personal use).

The PocketBooks are about to support Adobe DRMed ebooks (ePub and PDF). Or you can routinely strip DRM and buy whatever format you like (MOBI and MS LIT and eReader and Adobe PDF/ePub DRM have all been circumvented).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote