View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 10:32 AM   #163
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I suspect he loves the attention myself. He’s a big boy; he could just ignore them, not pay attention to the press and social media, not show up for conventions; just write.

I also think the issue with his writing is that he finds it far easier to create and expand than to pursue a tight plot. So he’ll keep churning out more and more new stuff which is what he likes doing these days. The readers are not the only ones over ASOIAF. But I also don’t think authors owe their readers anything; the reciprocal attitude for readers is not to be so invested in an author, especially not to feed their ego. Buy the books, read the stuff. If no one paid any attention to GRRM’s witterings he might buckle down at that.
I seem to remember he himself admitted years ago that he tends to lose interest when writing a longer series. I believe that's exactly what his problem is. He's just no longer interested in writing ASOIAF and hasn't been for many years.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote