View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 01:58 AM   #4
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Well, the offer is NIB and therefore I guess the battery will be working nicely. Am I wrong?

150€ seems to be a reasonable price for the thing...

Ok, my memory is coming back.... There is this developer package needed to install third party applications, right? To get that you had to register online .... Well, this is not possible anymore...

Is there any other way to make 3rd party apps installable?

btw. ist there any firmware higher than 2.11? Can´t find any informations online.
I have a couple of Iliads and I wasn't able to get developer access and install apps, despite many hours of web research. Out-of-the box, the Iliad reads mobi, but not epub.

The battery may or may not be alive, depending on how it was stored - you should definitely ask about battery life before buying. The Iliad has old-school power management, so just ask the seller to charge fully amd measure standby time until completely empty. If the batzery wasn't charged periodically since manufacture, it probably won't even turn on.

If you only plan to read on the device, you can get a new 8-inch e-ink tablet with Android for 180€ - a much more modern and infinitely more versatile device. However, if you plan to annotate or take notes with the stylus, the Iliad is great. The writing experience is nicer than on the latest e-ink tablets (looking at you, Onyx), thanks to the genuine Wacom technology.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote