Thread: PRS-505 Care
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Fractalis
Fractalis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS-505 Care

Good morning everyone,

I picked up a PRS-505 yesterday after doing a lot of research comparing various readers. I opted PRS-505 for its openness towards file formats, its PDF support (which takes in account the variety of tools designed to convert PDFs to LRF format, improve readability, etc..) So far, let me say, I'm absolutely in love with it. Though, worried that I'll be tempted to read too much during work now!

Anyways, I had looked at some of the subforums about accessories, etc... in search of tips and tools designed for the care of the PRS-505. I'm a bit paranoid about damaging my PRS-505 in anyway, considering from what I've read the sheer expense of replacing the screen. So, I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions.

A) How paranoid should I be, that is, how resilient have people found their 505's to be?

B) What things should I keep in mind to minimize damage/wear over time?
C) What accessories are there in terms of hard cases and such that I could easily find in retail stores so I could purchase it immediately? I saw a few posts on Walmarts' Vaultz case but it seems to have been discontinued? Have people who opted to use leather organizer cases gotten a decent sense of security from using it?

I apologize in advance if this has been previously covered, I tried looking around but couldn't find anything. I do appreciate any and all advice that people have, thanks!
Fractalis is offline   Reply With Quote