View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #90
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Circumventing DRM is not a crime in and of itself, when done for personal use (in the US, under the DMCA, that is -- I'm not sure about newer laws).
Interesting that those experts would say that. But, from the way I read the DMCA it is illegal to remove copyright.

Wikipedias take... although they aren't always 100% accurate or corrrect:

Quote:
It criminalizes production and dissemination of technology, devices, or services intended to circumvent measures (commonly known as Digital Rights Management or DRM) that control access to copyrighted works and it also criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, whether or not there is actual infringement of copyright itself.
Sorry, I don't have time to read the DMCA right now again.. however, I have read most of it... http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c105:H.R.2281:

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote