Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 01:22 AM   #88
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
Yeah. I could maybe track some things down if I used a combination of APIs (from isbndb) and page scraping (searches from amazon, librarything, etc.) but it just wouldn't be very reliable.

I've just finally managed to hunt down the full list of The Destroyer series, for example, since no book shop has even the list, let alone the books.
To bad, that would have been a truly awesome function.... Hmmm, maybe a way to add that manually? Or at least a way to add information about a series to the database?

Lets say that the program finds Eddings, David - Pawn of Profecy on my hd, that the software lets me enter Belgariad 01 as info for the book in question, that way one could at least sort on series and possibly have a function that lets me add a "wishlist"?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote