View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by malweth View Post
It sounds as though this is because of poor UK sales since the UK launch. Guess it's not something that's coming over here... though I'm in bed w/ Amazon at this point, I'd have considered this deal for my son (8).
Maybe. Probably.

But it is a matter of record that they have a whole lot of unsold STRs lying around, dating from 2011. They're fine, hardware-wise, and make for very useful eink android tablets for those interested in those things but B&N was.... overly optimistic... about the device's appeal for the general public and bought a zillion of them. (Or maybe they're like tribbles!)

Last year they tried giving them away with digital nwspaper subscriptions, Buy-one/Get-one free, and constant price cuts. More recently they tried giving the STRs away to buyers of the Nook tablets.

What they hadn't tried, until now, was a *big* price cut.
If they match it on this side of the atlantic I might buy two or three for XMAS stocking stuffers.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote