Thread: Indexeses
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #78
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
One of the things that I think this approach would be useful for is in specifying the directory hierarchy of one's file system.

If you specify that your books are stored in directory structure platform/author/series/isbn/title, then I could create tag categories for each of those, and automatically populate the specific tags from the specific directories.

You're of course absolutely right that I'll need to read metadata from the ebooks themselves in order to more accurately populate certain categories (specifically title, I think, based on what I've seen so far), and of course for those ebooks that aren't in directory hierarchies at all.

I was thinking that maybe I should write the metadata readers as separate entities, and put those in the open source community directly; so then we might get to a point where they can be maintained and added to by many people for many different programs, as long as the interface is consistent.
The directory structure needs to be dynamic tho...

I tend to organize my books in /library/A/Last names begining with A, FirstName/FORMAT and so on and so forth....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote