View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #40
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Simple profit-taking ahead of New Year changes in US tax law, according to what I've read.
You mean the changes in US tax law that may or may not take effect, or may be effective for just a couple days?

If it was simple like this, the people coming up with these after the fact explanations would already all be billionaires from their short-selling. (Maybe some are, but I doubt more than the law of averages predicts.)

A quick check shows Whirlpool, the giant US appliance maker, has doubled in value this year with no similar profit-taking. Why's that? (Answer: Impossible to say for sure.)

I'm not saying Apple is in trouble. Apple market cap is still the highest of any company in the world. I'm just questioning what you read

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 12-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote