View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #38
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
What tablet has 16GB, an aluminum unibody, and 10 hour battery life for $229?
While I can't answer that question, I still feel the iPad Mini is overpriced for what you get. This November I will be able to get a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 or a Nook HD+ with 16GB storage for less than the price of the iPad Mini. In each case I will not only get a larger screen (8.9" for Kindle, 9.0" for Nook, against 7.9" for Apple), but I will also get significantly better resolution, as both alternatives have 1920x1200 panels against 1024x768.

As someone who will be spending all my time with a tablet looking at the screen, that resolution deficit is almost impossible to make up at even the same price as the two competitors I mentioned, let alone at a higher price.

For me, the screen is the single most important feature of a tablet, and Amazon and BN have raised the bar to the point where 1024x768 is simply not worth consideration at anything over $200. Even at $200 it's behind the curve with Google, Amazon and BN all offering higher resolutions on 7" screens.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote