View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
Bookmarklets on the edge?

I'm trying to get bookmarklets to work on the eDGe. Anyone have any luck? I've tried Dolphin Mini, Dolphin HD, Skyfire, and Opera Mini. I understoof that Opera Mini should be able to use bookmarklets, but I'm having no luck, even when I manually install them by cutting and pasting the javascript into the bookmark address. Then I click them while on a webpage and nothing happens, even though java is enabled.

I'm primarily missing "read it Later" (which exists as an apk for Android but all the files I've found online are either Android Market links or apparently pirated Pro versions. I'd be more than willing to buy the $3 pro version, but android market won't let me and I don't want to steal it.

I'd also hoped to get the bookmarklet for dotEpub.com so that I could save websites as epubs from some other more stable browser than the default EE/PE browser, thus consoling me for losing that feature as an automatic option in the default eDGe browser. (Boat seems fairly stable, as does Opera Mini, though Opera Mini looks clunky so far on the eDGe).

Any ideas for getting bookmarklets to work?
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote