View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #54
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Once a book is released on Gutenberg, there are seldom any changes made. I'm not putting them down. I use Gutenberg and have contributed my time to edit books, but the difference between here and there are committed editors who work on a single edition at a time *and* are willing to go back and make changes.

Compare HarryT's Dickens to what you find on Gutenberg.
Another thing to note is that Gutenberg's EPUB, etc. formats are all auto-generated from the HTML version... while their script generally does a very good job (sometimes better than Calibre, in my opinion), many of the EPUBs could still use some hand editing: replacement of rescaled images with higher quality copies, stylesheet tweaking (H2 doesn't need to generate a page break when in an EPUB), separation of sections into individual files etc.

Last edited by hwlester; 03-14-2013 at 10:38 PM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote