Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #191
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Just picked up a Nexus 7 16GB in-stock at Walmart yesterday for $212, including tax. I'm doing an active comparison with my 1st-generation iPad during the 2-week return period to see if it's worth keeping. I've grown increasingly frustrated with the slowness of the iPad, frequent app crashes, and the weight and low resolution issues.

At first, I thought eye strain was going to be an issue with the smaller screen, but then I put the two tablets side-by-side and adjusted the font size on the Nexus to match the iPad's. Text is obviously sharper and clearer on the Nexus in the Overdrive app. So far, performance feels snappy.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote