View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #54
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
So there is something to what taustin wrote about the French Revolution. However, I'll agree with you to the point of saying that in modern affluent countries, there are a lot of authors who will continue to write despite little chance of being paid. They won't be writing the kind of heavily researched books I tend to like to read, but, if copyright dies, there will be no shortage of new eBooks.
That does not seems true to me. Even now heavily researched books like academic books are not selling with a profit but are payed for in other ways like people having academic positions.

And I would also think that people would write books about things they love avd these books would be like heavily researched books.

Or did you mean some other kind of books? Do you have any example of the kind of book that would not be written?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote