View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 06:15 AM   #50
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I'm not very good with titles. SO I'll omit them here. As I recall it John Grisham's first bestseller was his second or third book. That is the one I read first. The same goes for Dan Brown. Because I enjoyed them I looked for other works, I didn't know that I was getting older books.
Once reading them it was immediately obvious that these books had not gone through the same scrutinizing editors as their respective bestsellers. It wasn't spelling mistakes or grammatical oddities, it was that here were sections of "transportation" text meant to take you to the next scene that were contrived or tedious, that didn't forward the plot. Things like that a good, nah even a mediocre, editor will seize upon.
You can't expect the author, unless he/she is very experienced, to find those passages on their own.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote