Thread: Battery dying
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
The OP has never come back to clarify his problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijrobertson View Post
I made a big mistake buying the prs-505 from ebay - secondhand. The auction said it was as new, and I assumed (stupid me) it hadn't been used much.
Buying it on ebay is fine but it may make getting any warrenty service tough.

Quote:
Since I bought it,I haven't used it all that much, instead I'd read a bit and recharge. Now I see the battery won't last five days. I can get through less than 1k of pages.
He states 1k of pages not 1k page turns. On my reader 1k of pages would equal around 8.5k of page turns due to the font size I use. Given the default I would think this might be around 3k of page turns.

3k isn't great but exactly how many bars are showing when he feels obligated to recharge or is his reader dieing at this point? When my reader hits 2 bars I feel the need to top it off and that is after about 400 pages (or 3.3k page turns).

It sounds as if he is the typical new user that has not got his reader fully charged yet.

Not knowing anything further I couldn't guess if he is having battery problems. I would recommend that he buy a PSP wall charger (ebay might be good for that) and give his reader a full charge.

Of course the other standard bits of advice apply. Don't leave music playing all of the time. A SD card can drain your battery faster. Leaving your reader attached to a usb port and having the computer go to sleep or turn off can effect your charge drastically.

Quote:
I feel really dissapointed and ripped off. I should have bought a new one, the difference was not that great.
Until you take the advice of folks on here I wouldn't feel ripped off yet, there's still hope. In the future though you might feel better buying from the manufacturer, we all have different levels of risk we're comfortable with.

I hope it eventually all works itself out to your satisfaction.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote