View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
What about the font size? What LDBoblo describe about the tendency to pull the Reader close to the face is exactly what I found myself doing with books (paperback with small print). Since starting to read on an ebook reader, I noticed this habit with p-books.
The reason I do it with readers and my phone is because the letters always look fuzzy to my eyes, so I move it closer out of mildly myopic habit, thinking it'll get clearer. Soon I'm counting pixels, and have to push it away. My brain hasn't quite figured out that the only way to make the text look clearer is to move it farther away.

I saw a cheap paperback at the bookstore the other day with kind of poor printing (A Penguin Popular Classics book, IIRC, though I like some of their Reds and just bought Pride and Prejudice) and similarly moved it closer in hopes of making it clearer. I can't buy books printed like that. My visual acuity is still pretty good (I prefer <10pt typefaces on my reader, otherwise justification looks awful), but I can sympathize a little with folks whose sight is degenerating or has already worsened to the point where conventional book text is unbearably small.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 08-26-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: added a little sympathy
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote