View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Burroughs, Edgar Rice: The Barsoom Series. XHTML. v1. 08 Aug 2009

Books 1-10 in XHTML format with CSS. Custom covers, buttons and other small images. Complete TOC, endnotes and internal navigation icons. Done in xBook format (search the forums) with lots of metadata in the head. All sizes are either in percentage, em, ex or are 1px, so fonts should size up and down decently if not perfectly. It only declares Serif or Sans Serif for font-families.

Does not, and will not include scanned images from the first editions. Future editions could probably add a Barsoomian map, though. Can anyone point to a good one? I'd also be open to more modern illustrations.

Should convert nicely to any format, assuming it can deal with CSS. Any straight html conversion might be pretty ugly. Check it out in your browser to see what it's trying to be. (Best if you keep the browser window narrow, around 600 pixels.)

Hint: click the cover to jump to TOC, click the colophon image to "close" the book by jumping back to the cover. Or just page down -- it's all in one file.

This undoubtedly could still be improved. I'd appreciate any comments. Well, almost any.

I might do the Venus series next.

m a r
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Barsoom.zip (11.24 MB, 1138 views)

Last edited by rogue_ronin; 08-12-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: update header with file type
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote