View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #39
davlewis
davlewis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I use Fusion with the Sony (stupid junk) software. Then using the shared folders under Fusion I copy the just purchased books from the Windows VM to my underlying Mac file system. Suspend the Fusion Windows VM, go open Calibre on the Mac, import the just purchased books from the OS X file system into Calibre, setup all of the stuff like book covers, ISBN, meta data, series and book number in a series and then import into the PRS-505.

If I can kill the whole Fusion VM side of the process and use the software on the Mac natively that would be cool.

The reason I call the Sony software stupid is that at least 50% of the books I purchase using the Sony software, when I double click on the book in the Sony software gives me an error that I need to buy the book first to open it, I JUST BOUGHT the freaking thing, that is how it is in my library. I end up letting the software try and download it again, and in some cases it will take up to three attempts before the book and license finally download and the book opens correctly. No other software on this machine (under the Fusion VM or native on the Mac) does anything like this, this is purely a bug in the Sony store/software and is very annoying.

Dave...
davlewis is offline   Reply With Quote