View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #15
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Dear Mr. Justus
1. We feel that there are significant costs - ...

2. We feel that with an e-book we receive less value when we ...
What does the cost to produce a product have to do with the value to a consumer of product? Isn't the value to the consumer what should set the price?

Number two makes sense if you really feel, after weighing all pros and cons, an ebook is less valuable than a paper book. Personally for many books I'd much rather have the ebook than a paper copy which to means it's more valuable. The only thing ruining the party for me are ebooks that are tied to just one platform that I may or may not have in the future. Those ebooks are relatively less valuable to me. In fact I avoid them.

Now of course as a consumer I wish every product were as cheap as possible but I don't think the cheapest possible price is always the "correct" price.

Last edited by TheJohnNewton; 02-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote