View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #882
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
Instead of fiddling with fonts in KPV, maybe it would be much easier to embed fonts in your pdf? One way to do this (on a Linux box) is to use this:..
Thanks for the suggestion. I already have Debian on VB, will try to use this.

I tried your output on Touch KPV, but it quits KPV as soon as it opens the document. but the text seems OK for this really short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
But you can give a try to replace them by, say, a renamed variant of a Times font that does have those characters.
Thanks for the help. I couldn't decide on which font to replace with TimesNewRoman. kindlepdfviewer\frontend\ui\font.lua has no info about the font which is used for the content. On KPV there are NimbusMonL, NimbusRomNo9L, NimbusSanL, StandardSymL, Dingbats ,DroidSans .

Last edited by thomass; 01-17-2013 at 04:34 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote