View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave maden View Post
ive tried another download which is supposed to be in mp3 , but when i get it downloaded onto calibre its saying the format is ABXML and it wont send that over . please help
An audio book is usually 5 to 200 or more individual mp3 files. If you select all the files in Windows and zip them into one file, that's the file you can import into Calibre.

Edit: I just now have transferred 3 audio books over to my Galaxy Tab 2 using this method. First I zipped the whole folder containing the audio book on my PC using 7zip, then I opened Calibre on my PC and clicked on the "Add Books" icon (choose one directory option) then I right-click on the book to import metadata and the book cover. Leave Calibre open and running on your PC with network server on.
I then use the Calibre Library app on my Galaxy, click on "By Newest", click on the audio book and choose "download".
The book will be downloaded into the Calibre Library folder on your device. Then use Es Explorer to navigate to the zipped audio book and right click on it choosing to extract to current path or to an audio book folder you have set up.
You need to set Calibre Library to be a server on your home network before you start all of this. It's very easy to do - just look in the Calibre Library help files. Maybe that is the problem - you have not set up the Calibre server.
You really don't need the Calibre app on your device; you can just access the books through any browser on your device by typing in the url given to you by Calibre when you set up the server.

Last edited by Hope; 12-17-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: further explanation
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote