View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #73
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Linux have been dreaming that dream for ages, and it is even less likely to come true today then it was before. I see the opposite happening. Subsidized proprietary systems are squeezing pure hardware manufacturers to death. And Android, while great for phones, is the last thing I would like to see on my PC.
I'd agree. Android is just a shell (a limited shell) that runs on top of linux. The problem is the focus on profits for shareholders and it's hard to make a profit without some type of proprietary system that locks in customers and/or returns them to the tap to spend more money.