View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #44
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I had a chance to play with a mini for about 15 minutes today. It is a really nice device. It's so much lighter and thinner than the full-size iPad that I wouldn't be surprised if it soon becomes Apple's most popular model.

When placed side-by-side with the iPad 4 it becomes clear that the screen is not as sharp, but its pixelation is really not obvious at a normal viewing distance. You have to look for it with your nose pressed up against the glass, staring at the ascenders of individual letters. To worried readers: text rendered very well. I don't think people are going to notice or care about the ppi. Rather, the people around me were impressed with the screen. That being so, I wouldn't bet on seeing a retina display in a mini before 2014.

A lot of people are going to put the mini on their Christmas lists this year.

Last edited by holymadness; 11-05-2012 at 06:12 PM.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote