Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle screen has gone weird
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I've got a problelm with my Kindle.

I went to switch it on as usual. It displayed most of the page I was last reading - except for a small area (about 2 square cm) in the top right corner of the screen. This is still showing a fragment of the screen saver that was visible before I switched it on.

Whatever page or menu I now go to, I always see that same bit of Agatha Christie's head in the top-right corner. It's as if the pixels in that area have forgotten how to refresh themselves.

I have tried a full reboot, and also a factory reset, but it makes not difference.

I wonder if anyone else has seen this, or can throw any light on it.

This is a Kindle 2, and is about three years old, so obviously I can't get it fixed under warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
It sounds like the glass substrate is cracked. If so, I'm sorry to say that it won't get any better.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote