Thread: VOX vs Touch
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
ellell
ellell began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
VOX vs Touch

Loved the kobo touch. So, just bought the Vox yesterday to have expanded use of my ereader. But disappointed that a few good ereading features that were on the Touch seem to be missing on the Vox.

1) built in dictionary that provided definition upon highlighting word in book. With the Vox, the reader has to open dictionary and type in word - not the smooth seamless process I was used to, with the Touch.
2) no 'favourites' section in the Vox library, as there was in the Touch version, meaning no way to personally organize your books?
3) Vox has no 'find in book' feature...I really enjoyed that feature on the Touch version, as i could keep characters straight, especially on books with complex plots and many characters, particularly found it useful if i had put the book down for a few days and had forgotten....

Are there others who notice these features removed from the vox? I'm thinking of returning it - just sticking with the original Touch version for now, but wondered if anyone's heard of potential updates to the vox?
ellell is offline   Reply With Quote