View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #25
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Feisty,

Answering your earlier question, I send books to my Kobo using the icon in calibre (send to device). Reading over your subsequent posts it looks like you have had luck entering one book at a time. I have frequently entered multiple books without problems.

I did have a different problem where I would get a memory storage problem and then have to do a factory reset. I am pretty sure that was related to disconnecting the Kobo from the computer and it might have something to do with your problem. In my case, calibre would say the job was done, I would eject my device but then I would get a message that "data transfer was still in progress". I would attempt to cancel the action, only to find the device had ejected.

I resolved this by waiting a minute a few more seconds after each download and then waiting a minute or two more when I was finished before disconnecting. I have not had a problem since. I believe the Kobo is know to be prone to problems if disconnected prematurely, so you may want to give it a little extra time when downloading. And, never disconnect by pulling the usb cable without ejecting the device first.

Despite the earlier problem, now that I have it resolved, I have been very happy with my Kobo. So hang in there, you will get it resolved.

Last edited by fbrII; 07-22-2011 at 07:03 AM.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote