View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #68
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Try setting the top margin on the body to zero. The problem is obviously related to the start of a new HTML file, and that's one of the settings that might be causing the problem.

You should set a top margin for each page with @page - if I remember correctly a CSS top margin on the body only affects the first page in the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chang View Post
I have few chapters in one document and I have styled the heading of each chapter with same style, let's call it heading1. This style has CSS declaration page-break-before: always; so I can have page break before each new chapter. I also want to have empty space before the name of every chapter but because of the CSS declaration mentioned before, it eliminates the use of margin-top declaration.

So, I used padding-top declaration to create empty space but it doesn't work so perfectly. If the text with heading1 style is the first element in the document, there is more empty space than if the text with heading1 style is in middle of the document. I tried this with ADE and Sony PRS-505 and the problem occured. However, it didn't show up when reading with Azardi or Calibre.

In the attached picture, chapters 1-8 are in one document and chapters 9-> are in one document. So, the chapters 1 and 9 are the first paragraph elements of the documents and they contain more empty space than the other chapters. Is this reader system's problem or should it be like this?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote