View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
Thumbs down Kobo GPL Violation regarding source availability for the Kobo Arc

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Tier 2 Kobo Customer Care. We apologize for the delay in our response.
I have contacted our development time regarding your questions about GPL codes for the Arc firmware.
Kobo doesn't use any open source code under the GPL license. So we won't be able to provide you with that information. The Android environment itself may use some. For the licensing information for Android, you can refer to the legal section in the Settings of the Device under About Tablet.
To navigate to this are in your device:
- From the Apps page, Tap on Settings
- Scroll down to About Tablet from the left menu
- Tap on Legal Information
- Under Open Source Licenses, the GPL information displays.

Hope this answers your question. Please let us know if there is any other information you require.
Seriously? Doesn't use any gpl source code? I guess the Kobo Arc's version of Android doesn't run linux.

I think gpl-violations.org would be interested to hear about this doozy. Funny thing is that the full license indicating that source must be provided is there in the license.

Ugh... Why do I bother with this?
slate is offline   Reply With Quote