View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #193
Loceka
Loceka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
BTW, have you had a look at Penelope, my tool for converting dictionaries? You can find it here: http://www.albertopettarin.it/penelope.html
Actually yes but unfortunately I found it yesterday: after all my researches were done and my converters/scripts coded (XDXF to Kobo and Mobi to Kobo).

Still I may have some use of it because the "official" StarDict converters (makedict and stardict2text) do not handle the stardict dictionaries properly (dictionaries found on the official stardict website...).

Unfortunately I'm not fluent in python so I struggle reading python scripts (but I daresay Perl scripts are way harder to understand for Perl beginners), but I think your script is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
I think they are encrypted in some way. Unfortunately I cannot investigate the issue further.
Well I hope someone will manage it. I'd like to do it myself but I lack the skills to do so.
And, to be honest, their dictionaries are not that bad. Especially their translators which have more entries than the ones I found (even the Oxford en->fr translators) so merging their dictionaries with others would be nice.
Loceka is offline   Reply With Quote