View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #38
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Since you brought this up again, I have to say that the bolded part is very true. I live in northern CT, not exactly the ends of the earth, and I can say that here, at least, relying on cell phones as your communication source is foolish. I don't have reliable cell service at my house, and unless they live in the center of town, neither do most of the other people in my town. Please don't assume that everybody lives in an area that has good connectivity, as there are many more areas of the world that don't have it than that do. It makes you sound very arrogant and elitist to assume that if a place doesn't have reliable cell phone coverage it isn't civilized.

Shari
And yet, I am willing to bet that you do not belittle people for seeking out answers to issues involving cell phones. My issue is that several folks have attacked me for wanting to stream my ebooks using a cloud service. The question I asked was about what services were better than the ones that I knew of to do this. Their posts were along the lines of saying that I was ignorant for wanting to do this at all.

I said that reliable network service is not everywhere, but that it is in nearly everywhere. I have pointed out that even in India, East Temur, and Nigeria network service is available. I have also said that, like electricity, network service is still not universal and even though electricity is not everywhere, few people would object to solutions utilizing electricity.

Kennyc, you are correct. I misrepresented your counter argument to my views. I sort of got a little caught up in defending myself and accidentally struck out at you for a wrong reason. I apologize for that. I don't agree with what you have said, but you have been kind enough to drop the matter as a sort of agree to disagree situation. Sometimes it is easy to lash out at everyone when you feel cornered, but that's not really a good excuse.

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 11-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote