View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #100
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
It did occur to me that if you can't rely on power, a slide-rule might be a better choice, but I've never used one and have no idea how they work. I'm a victim of progress. (Although at least I do know how to work things out on paper.)
We learned to use one in high school in the early 70s. It may still be in storage somewhere at my mother's house. We never had a chance to use it practically.
I remember there was one guy in my Algebra class that had a calculator but it was prohibitively expensive and he wasn't allowed to use it in class or for tests.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote