View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #28
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There are certainly some problems with the zip structure of some epub books.

That simply unzipping and rezipping causes a problem in ADE does suggest that there's some problem in this book's zip structure that might also be causing problems in the dedrm process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juris View Post
Hello,
I hope this is the proper forum for the questions I have.

I bought and downloaded an epub book with Adobe DRM. I wanted to read it on my iPad and used ineptepub to strip the drm. It only returned the first 18 pages of the book, the rest were blank.

i used several versions of ineptkey and ineptepub and got the same result.
I then made a copy and using your scripts unzipped and then rezipped the book.

When I went to remove the drm, I got an error message saying this was not an Adept file. When i opened the book in ADE, it only showed the first 18 pages, the same as when I initially used ineptepub. So something is obviously happening in the unzip and rezip process.
Could this be a new block against removing DRM, or am I doing or not doing something.
Thanks
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote