View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #28
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalReader View Post
Here is the situation I faced trying to purchase from Amazon.

I buy a Kindle book. It tells me to go to the "manage your books". There are no options to download a "Kindle for PC/Mac" program on the webpage. Unlike Google and other bookstores, there is no option to download the file. Sony, Kobo, etc. don't care if I have a e-reader or not. I can download the files. In fact, to read the book, Amazon says I should install the Kindle cloud reader on my browser, which I do. So how should I know that a completely separate application is available for PC/Mac. Indeed, what is the point of the PC/Mac application if one has a cloud reader in the browser?
Some people have older kindles without web browsers or want to read while camping far away from the internet. Some people read on their PC or Mac or other device.

You are right about the option being a bit hard to find. Used to be on the buy book or kindle page IIRC.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote