View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #250
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I see what you are doing and I have never seen anything like it before. And my immediate reaction was that it wasn't legal code.

I tested it and it broke on my Touch running FW2.4.0. But...

I opened the same epub with the calibre viewer. That just displayed the contents of the jpeg file as text.

I also passed it through Epubcheck with the following output:

Code:
Epubcheck Version 3.0

Validating against EPUB version 2.0
ERROR: d:/Download/Books/Kobo/Test Books/Snow Tiger - Desmond Bagley.epub/OEBPS/
content.opf(33,76): 'image/jpeg' is not a permissible spine media-type

Check finished with warnings or errors
That says what you are doing is not legal in an epub. As the Kobo firmware tends to be picky about epubs, I'm surprised it loaded on the device at all. Yes, what happens with the rest of the book is a bug, probably. It isn't a bug that will get a high priority to fix. Actually, I would expect to either get rejected as invalid, or the fix would be to reject epub and not load it into the library at all.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote