View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #196
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
The one I gifted my sister had one of those specks. I call them holes in the screen, no idea what they really are. I know that speck would have driven me insane, but my sister is OK with it. Thank goodness, as I offered to her that we swap devices!

For me, the darker the screen, the more I see the color blotches. I wish it were the other way around, like for you guys, since I never have the light up too bright.
Wow really? You notice the hues more when the light is lower? That surprises me.

As for the glowing speck, I had one on an earlier PW that drove me nuts. That one went back. It was right in the line of text so I always saw it when reading. These two are very small (the pic makes them look bigger) and they never fall in line with the text so I never see them. I really only see them on the home screen when the book in the far right corner has a dark cover. I would notice them sometimes when I turned a page, but I haven't lately. Should the PW that arrives tomorrow be worse somehow, I'd be ok keeping my current one. Overall the screen is really nice on it.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote