View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
15% and 45% consecutively only add up to a 53.25% discount. There have been at least nine 55% or 60% discount weekends this year.

Even for new ebooks, it's best to wait.
Guess it just depends on your buying style. For me, I usually buy from Fictionwise whenever the discount, whether aggregate or not, is anything over 50%. If it's a really expensive book, when even a few percent will add up, I might wait for the 60%, but mostly anything over 50% is good enough for me.

Everyone's mileage is different, but I don't need every last penny from Fictionwise - they have been pretty good to me over the years, especially in pre-agency (and pre-BN) days.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote