View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #50
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
Harlequin is a very powerful brand, and it's going to take a little more than an obscure lawsuit to make a dent in their reputation.
It depends on which reputation you mean: with consumers or with writers.

When it comes to *romance* writers and especially romance writers with Harlequin contracts the lawsuit is hardly obscure:

http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2012/0...40597969416098

Quote:
Stephanie Scott said...
I found your blog from Kristen Lamb's post today. I took note of this lawsuit today as well; having joined up with Romance Writers of America recently, Harlequin royalties in general are a pretty hot-button topic. Lots of of HQ writers are looking to get out and find other publishers or self-publish. Hearing the dirty side of the book business has definitely enlightened this newbie writer!
(A common sentiment in writer-focused web sites--it pays to track all three sides in the business.)

More, the lawsuit is a *class action* lawsuit. It impacts *everybody* with a Harlequin contract in one way or another; it is not "obscure" to them.
And if they haven't heard of it yet (unlikely) they *will* by next week:

http://legalminimum.blogspot.co.uk/2...rlequin-e.html

Quote:
I'll spend more time talking about this in the coming days. I also think my panel at the Romance Writers of America 2012 annual convention next week just got a new subject.
This is *not* a trivial event.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote