View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nushio View Post
If I understood you correctly, it'll go back to having annoying, ugly ads if I reset it and give it to my brother? If so, *sigh* I'll end up removing the ads by force. I'm not paying twice.
SO or not SO is based on the serial number. Resetting it does not change the serial number.

Whether or not you get ads pushed to it after registering depends on how amazon has that serial number configured on your amazon account. You can pay an upgrade fee to turn off SO on an SO kindle. Likewise, you can turn on SO on a non-SO kindle in your amazon account (but amazon does NOT pay you a "downgrade fee").

There are also hacks to remove ads, if you prefer to cheat amazon instead of paying their upgrade fee. That is a personal choice. I have ads on my SO kindles.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote