View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
I am very impressed with the device. I have been using a Sony PRS-600 for the last 8 months or so, and this absolutely feels like an upgrade.

The screen is definitely shiny, but after the dull, vaguely fuzzy PRS-600 screen it's a welcome tradeoff.

The text is crisp and the screen is responsive to the stylus. I have read on the device while sitting on my patio in the afternoon sun over my shoulder, and it was not difficult. I find it easy to read for extended periods of time without any fatigue. Being able to change the font size by scrolling is a very nice feature.

It's been mentioned before, but the options for customization are amazing. As a cardcarrying geek, having lots of options to twiddle with makes me very happy. I've gotten the device to a point where I feel comfortable with it, but I have yet to really start digging into it. I haven't installed any apps or customer pictures for it yet.

Unfortunately, it's not a perfect device. I'm not sure if these are known issues, or I haven't found the fix for them yet:
  • When I rotate the device, the button assignment changes - it seems the internal button pointers rotate along with the text orientation.
  • Everytime I power up the device, it asks me to calibrate the screen. I have to click the round button to exit the calibration screen, which also takes me out of my book and back to the mainscreen.
  • I cannot find a way to create a new note. (not a scribble, a note)

All in all, I am extremely satisfied with the device and feel it's a fair value.

Thnx,

You just put the 302 in my top two for a second Reader, though I doubt i'll be geting ANYTHING for quite a while yet, as my PRS-600 is till very new

Last edited by Kevin2960; 05-12-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote