View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
tobinharris
tobinharris began at the beginning.

Device: None :(
Many Devices or One!?

I've had a good read here, but before making a final decision I thought I'd see if anyone suggests something I've missed.

Basically, I have a few techie issues I'd like to address with one or more devices (the fewer the better).

Usage #1
I have loads of PDFs of technical books and guides that I want to read. I hate reading at the computer so would like something that lets me read whilst slobbing around the house or out and about. Note that these are usually large PDF documents with images and diagrams, and I'd probably want to search them (annotating would be a further bonus!)

Usage #2
I'm a guitar player who likes to download tab music for my jamming sessions. I usually print these out on to 1-2 pages of A4, but it would be nice if I could keep them on a device, and then not have to print them. I guess this would hint at a bigger screen, since I'm a few feet away from the music stand where it would be.

Usage #3
I often wish I could access the web from around the house (WiFo) without dragging my big laptop around with me.

How can I find my technological utopia! My favourite option so far is the Nokia 770, since it does WiFi, eBook reading and surfing. The only problem is that it's small. Anyone know of a 770 equivalent with a 10" screen!? I've looked at many tablets, but they all weigh 1.5KG plus, and I don't see why the technology I need should cost more than £200.

Any help appreciated!

Tobes
tobinharris is offline   Reply With Quote